[icecast] Multiple ICES background daemons

Andrew Armstrong andrew at highertech.net
Thu Nov 15 21:26:54 UTC 2001

Is there anyway to run multiple ices backgroud deamons and have more than
one ices.pid file generated so that I can control each one seperately? I
want to have mulitple ices streams running with different playlists and
different stream names and control them using the signals.

I start one ices process and it writes a file ices.pid to the /tmp
directory and I can control it sy sending it signals. It appears like the
second ices process I try to start writes it's pid to the ices.pid file
when it is started effectively cutting off any way to communicate with the
first ices daemon.

It would be nice if there was a way to have some sort of mechanisn to
specify an alternate location for the ices.pid file or to name the file
something different like ices.streamname.pid or something like that.

--
Andrew Armstrong                      Director of Application Development
andrew at highertech.net                 Higher Technology Services