[icecast] final question: how many mountpoints can icecast handle ?

Andreas Gunzenhauser andrew at baselbiet.ch
Tue Nov 6 13:03:25 UTC 2001

Hi everyone

I have one final question regarding my
diploma work. As it seems, the hardware performance
seems not to be the bottleneck when streaming out
ONE stream to x clients.

What happens when I use instead of ONE stream
different streams, because my concept is an on-demand
radio station that basically provides everyone with
access to a huge library of music files and lets him
create an own playlist that will be played only for him..
so if there is 1000 concurrent users, can there be 1000
different mount points - and will it still work ?

thanks for sharing your experience, really helps me out !

Andrew