[icecast] specify mountpoint by source IP?

Bryan Walls Bryan.Walls at msfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 21 19:48:04 UTC 2001

I have several Macs encoding streams using MacAmp. I'd like to stream
them all to my icecast server, but if I do that they are all assigned
mountpoints depending on the order that they connect (ie. /icy_0,
/icy_1, /icy_2). This means that if power glitches and my systems
reboot, they streams will all reconnect in a more or less random
manner.

Is there any way to trick icecast into assigning a particular
mountpoint to a stream from a particular IP address?

Currently I'm running a shoutcast server for each stream, and then
aliasing the shoutcast stream from icecast. Obviously a hassle.

I don't know of any streaming client for the Mac that will allow me
to specify the mountpoint.

--
Bryan Walls                             My words are not NASA policy.
Bryan.Walls at msfc.nasa.gov               (256)544-3311voice,544-7128fax