[icecast] Multiple sources on one Icecast server

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sun May 6 22:19:25 PDT 2001

> How could you get it to work? That is, is there a way to set things
> up so the different machines always stream to specific mount points
> determined by the ip addresses? I need that.

icecast can identify the shoutcast dsp plugin.  So it automatically gets
a mountpoint.  icy mountpoints always looke like /icy_0 or /icy_1

Each new icy source gets a new mountpoint.

What icecast _can't_ do is tell apart two icy sources from the same ip
address.  It has no way to know if it's hte same source reconnecting or
not.  So an icy source from the same ip would probably get kicked.