[icecast] more directory questions

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Wed May 2 20:00:02 UTC 2001

   > I have metadata enabled, and I am doing a relay from my home dsl
   > system to the t-1 system, which is doing the yp updates.  However, my
   > shoutcast entry doesn't have the longer description or the "now
   > playing" option - should metadata take care of this, and will metadata
   > survive through a relay?

   Now playing only works with title streaming.  this won't work through a
   relay in icecast.  We never got to it.

I see.  Is it difficult to implement?

   What's the 'longer description"  is that the icecast description field?
   If so, shoutcast never supported those anyway. and yp.icecast.org
   doesn't list them on the front page.  I had a yp.icecast.org at oen time
   that used them, but never finished it.

Apparently this is the -d command line option in ices.  Perhaps I
could hack ices to read the title from each file and update this;
would that work?  Is this already possible in the perl extensions?

Thanks,
Mark