[icecast] Keeping icecast from kicking clients

Sean /The RIMBoy/ sean at rimboy.com
Sat Mar 31 23:33:55 UTC 2001

I'm trying to setup Icecast so that clients can stay connected
indefinately.  Basically sources will connect on occasion, but may
disconnect until they get instructions to connect again (think about a
jukebox that does not play music until something is selected.  Now add in
distrubuted, thin clients and you realize why this is an important
feature).

According to the icecast authors, it is possible to do this.  However, I
have yet to make it or see it work.  Clients are immediately kicked by
Icecast (1.3.10) and get a 404 not found.  I saw this same response in
1.3.7.

Anyway, here are the iterations of icecast.conf files that I've
tried:

Attempt 1

location Uranus
rp_email you at your.com
server_url www.your.com
hostname 192.168.1.147
port 8000
port 8001
server_name 192.168.1.147
acl_policy 0
deny all *
allow all 192.168.1.*
max_clients 10
max_clients_per_source 10
max_sources 5
max_admins 5
throttle 10
console_mode 0
reverse_lookups 0

Attempt 2

location Uranus
rp_email you at your.com
server_url www.your.com
hostname 192.168.1.147
port 8000
port 8001
server_name 192.168.1.147
client_timeout -1
acl_policy 0
deny all *
allow all 192.168.1.*
max_clients 10
max_clients_per_source 10
max_sources 5
max_admins 5
throttle 10
console_mode 0
reverse_lookups 0

Attempt 3

location Uranus
rp_email you at your.com
server_url www.your.com
hostname 192.168.1.147
port 8000
port 8001
server_name 192.168.1.147
client_timeout -1
kick_clients 0
mount_fallback 1
acl_policy 0
deny all *
allow all 192.168.1.*
max_clients 10
max_clients_per_source 10
max_sources 5
max_admins 5
throttle 10
console_mode 0
reverse_lookups 0

Sean...

--
A flute with no holes is not a flute.  A donut with no hole is a danish.
	--Chevy Chase, Caddyshack