[icecast] Socket error...

Matt Mencel mmatt at freew3.com
Tue Mar 27 23:02:26 UTC 2001

Has anyone else seen this?  I'm running Redhat 7.0 now with Icecast 1.3.10,
mpg123, lame3.88, and liveice.  Icecast runs great and is receiving the
audio from liveice no problem.  The problem comes when I try to connect to
Icecast from Winamp on another PC.  Icecast shows it accepts the client but
Winamp never starts playing or buffering.  About 15 seconds later Icecast
reports that it is kicking the client and that there was a socket error on
that connection.  Help???

Matt