[icecast] icecast 1.3.10 problems

Eugene Crosser crosser at online.ru
Tue Mar 27 17:34:02 UTC 2001

On 27-Mar-01 at 20:22, Jack Moffitt (jack at icecast.org) wrote:

> > Second, src/main.c *still* does not build on Linux 2.4.x based systems -
> > it is necessary to #include <sys/resource.h> somewhere.
>
> I could have sworn that I have the 2.4 headers installed on this
> machine, and it builds fine here.  Do you know what specific piece of
> resource.h is needed?  What are we using from there?

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -D_REENTRANT      -g -O2 -Wall -c main.c
main.c: In function `increase_maximum_number_of_open_files':
main.c:193: storage size of `before' isn't known
main.c:193: storage size of `after' isn't known
main.c:195: warning: implicit declaration of function `getrlimit'
main.c:195: `RLIMIT_NOFILE' undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:195: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:195: for each function it appears in.)
main.c:206: warning: implicit declaration of function `setrlimit'
main.c:193: warning: unused variable `after'
main.c:193: warning: unused variable `before'
main.c: In function `clean_shutdown':
main.c:547: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
`main_shutting_down'
make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1

My setup maybe somewhat abnormal: it is an oldish Slackware that was
selectively upgraded over time.  It has /usr/include/{linux,asm}
symlinked into kernel source tree (which is discouraged these days).
Anyway, above is the error output...

Eugene