[icecast] Creating a client

Ronan O'Ciosoig ronanoc at parthus.com
Tue Mar 27 10:30:49 UTC 2001

Hi all. Slightly off topic here but I was wondering if anyone here can give me some info on creating
a client for an Icecast server.

Some months ago I made a simple client (in Java) but was not able to get a reliable glitch free
stream and it would only play for a minute or two before the Icecast server would dump the stream
with the 'too many errors' complaint.

Are there guidelines (suggestions) for buffer sizes in relation to bit rates etc.?

All suggestions welcome...

BTW: The aim here is to create a hardware client on a dsp for icecast.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ronan O'Ciosoig

T:     +353 1 402-2503