[icecast] Getting Listed

Asymmetric asym at rfnj.org
Fri Mar 16 02:59:35 UTC 2001

I saw a post a minute ago and stupidly hit the delete button instead of
reply, so no quoted response but.. You don't have to relay to a shoutcast
server to get listed on yp.shoutcast.com.

You probably have metadata disabled, and they won't list you without it.  I
know it's "experimental" in the config file, but I haven't had any problems
with it since icecast 1.3.9, and my station now shows up on the shoutcast
server.

What really sucks is that live365 relays don't show up on there.. oh well.

-Asym

-------signature file-------
PGP Key Fingerprint:
446B 7718 B219 9F1E 43DD  8E4A 6BE9 D739 CCC5 7FD7

"I don't think [Linux] will be very successful in the long run."
"My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse."
-Ken Thompson, Interview May 1999.

http://www.freebsd.org
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve

http://www.rfnj.org