[icecast] Newbie with icecast/ices

Parvez Lanewala parvez at musicurry.com
Thu Mar 15 08:40:20 UTC 2001

hi guys,

I am very new to encoding and streaming mp3s.

I have recently installed icecast(1.3.7) with ices(beta 5) in LAN on Linux Redhat 6.2.

It works perfectly fine with a bit rate of 128 kbps in LAN but somehow
when i change the bit rate of songs to 16 kbps it gets stuck in the middle, all
the time 'like someone is scratching the disk'.

Earlier i thought it happens because the LAN speed is too fast for a 16kbps streaming, so i tried to put it on the server, wherein i face the same problem.

Is it a problem with Ices beta 5 or is it some problem with the encoding technique. Also pls. if u can suggest me which is the best way to encode mp3's for 16kbps or less than that kind of bit rate.

Thanks very much in advance.

Parvez

--
Parvez Lanewala