[icecast] Anyone Know Shoutcast?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Mar 13 01:38:13 UTC 2001

----- Forwarded message from owner-icecast at xiph.org -----

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:46:10 -0600 (CST)
From: Scott Weingartner <scott at john.ikansas.com>
To: Icecast List <icecast at xiph.org>
Subject: [icecast] Anyone Know Shoutcast?

I know this is the icecast list and all, but in addition to icecast, im
also using shoutcast.. Ive got one icecast server set up, and I was
HOPEING to relay certain streams off the icecast server with the shoutcast
one.. But I cant seem to make it relay diffrent mountpoints on the icecast
server.. Does anyone know how to make a shoutcast server relay a stream at
(for example) http://ice.stream.com:8000/live128 ??? The only way i can
get shoutcast to relay anything is to leave off the mountpoint.. but then
I cant relay seperate streams... getting support from nullsoft is like
getting blood out of a rock.. ive sent several emails with no
response.. Unlike this wonderfull icecast list :)

Thanks again!

Scott W

----- End forwarded message -----