[icecast] ices cvs crashing

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Jun 27 18:08:56 UTC 2001

Well, hi folks:  I am still having this problem with ices crashing
regularly.  I have upgraded to todays cvs for ices and icecast hoping
that would take care of it but no such luck.  I am not sure just what
is going on.  It seems to happen fairly often which is not exactly
making my listeners happy.  I will include the relevant portion of the
ices.log below.  I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might
have.  I am running three streams but it's on an Athlon 650 so it
shouldn't be a not enough umph problem.

DEBUG: Builtin playlist handler serving: /var/music/Renaissance/Prologue/6-Rajah_Khan.mp3
DEBUG: ID3v1 song: Rajah Khan
DEBUG: ID3v1 artist: Renaissance
DEBUG: Layer: III		Version: MPEG-1	Frequency: 44100
DEBUG: Bitrate: 128 kbit/s	Padding: 1	Mode: j-stereo
DEBUG: Ext: 0	Mode_Ext: 2	Copyright: 0	Original: 1
DEBUG: Error Protection: 0	Emphasis: 0	Stereo: 2
Playing /var/music/Renaissance/Prologue/6-Rajah_Khan.mp3
DEBUG: Updated metadata on egoplay56 to: Renaissance - Rajah Khan
DEBUG: Updated metadata on egoplay24 to: Renaissance - Rajah Khan
DEBUG: Updated metadata on egoplay to: Renaissance - Rajah Khan
Warning: Encountered error while transfering /var/music/Renaissance/Prologue/6-Rajah_Khan.mp3. [Libshout reported send error: Libshout socket error.]
Libshout communication problem, trying to reconnect to server
Failed reconnecting to server 127.0.0.1, error: 3
Ices Exiting...

  Kirk