[icecast] Trouble with LiveIce

Michael Spiegel mspiegel at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Jun 21 23:14:10 UTC 2001

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble getting liveice to work.  I have not figured out if I'm
supposed to pipe in the audio device(?) It's not working either way.

Here's what I see by running ./liveice :

playlist
0
Initialising Soundcard
16Bit 22050Hz Stereo
opening connection to localhost 8000
Attempting to Contact Server
connection successful: forking process
opening pipe!...
writing password

Over on the icecast side, I see "Accepted encoder on mountpoint /icy_0
from..."

Then I try to listen in, XMMS displays "Pre-Buffering: 0KB/32KB" and
remains in that state.

I appreciate any advice you might have.  Meager-budget college radio
stations are eternally grateful.

Cheers,

Michael Spiegel, '03
WSRN 91.5 FM