[icecast] liveice problem

jan at hundert6.de jan at hundert6.de
Thu Jun 21 15:48:06 UTC 2001

Hello everybody...

I figure this is not exactly an icecast question, but maybe
someone might be able to help.

Icecast runs nicely as far as I can see, and so does liveice,
apart from the fact I don't get any input signal fed into it. I
think it's due to the fact it expects the signal on line in by
default and the souncard only has a mic in. So I tried to use
the built in mixer mode, which firstly bailed out since it was
lacking the seemingly required /playlist file.

When I touched that, it dumped core instead :-%

Could anybody shed some light on what I should do best - get
another soundcard ...?

System's FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE, icecast from a cvsup'd ports tree
and liveice is the latest version available from the website.

Cheers, Jan

--
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -