[icecast] one more try..

David Dennis dennisd at best.com
Tue Jun 19 23:25:16 UTC 2001

its just a common util that floats around the net.  everyones got it or
you can go to google and enter mkpasswd.c and turn up lots of hits.

or i got this from icecast CVS 1.1 you can cut it into a file, compile and
run.  note the freshness date :)
---------------------------->snip here, put in .c file, compile<---------
/* simple password generator by Nelson Minar (minar at reed.edu)
 * copyright 1991, all rights reserved.
 * You can use this code as long as my name stays with it.
 */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

#ifndef lint
static  char rcsid[] = "@(#)$Id: mkpasswd.c,v 1.1.1.1 1999/03/05 22:40:55
barath Exp $";
#endif

extern char *getpass();

int main(argc, argv)
int argc;
char *argv[];
{
  static char saltChars[] =
"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789./";
  char salt[3];
  char * plaintext;
  int i;

  if (argc < 2) {
    srandom(time(0));		/* may not be the BEST salt, but its close */
    salt[0] = saltChars[random() % 64];
    salt[1] = saltChars[random() % 64];
    salt[2] = 0;
  }
  else {
    salt[0] = argv[1][0];
    salt[1] = argv[1][1];
    salt[2] = '\0';
    if ((strchr(saltChars, salt[0]) == NULL) || (strchr(saltChars,
salt[1]) == NULL))
      fprintf(stderr, "illegal salt %s\n", salt), exit(1);
  }

  plaintext = getpass("plaintext: ");

  printf("%s\n", crypt(plaintext, salt));
  return 0;