[icecast] Streaming Winamp to Icecast - can't seem to connect?

Robert robert at quantum-radio.net.au
Mon Jun 11 22:04:05 UTC 2001

Still in newbie-icecast mode here.

ok. I just use the setting configured into icecast.conf basically. 8000 and
8001.  That makes sense.

Now, if I'm using Winamp to send a stream to icecast, I set it up with
Shoutcast Source for Winamp, and point it to
IP:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Port: 8000

When I want to listen to it, I point another copy of Winamp to

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/    ????

Do I need to add users or "mount points" ? or do anything e;lse to the conf
file. I have tried all sorts of things, and get either no stream, not found,
user kicked off, source kicked off, no permissions...

hmmm so for being so dumb on this, but the help files are a little arcane -
not to mention the web interface?

thanks
Bob

'icecast-request at xiph.org'