[icecast] Icecast2: undefined reference to `xmlDocGetRootElement'

Simon Blandford home at simonb.org.uk
Sun Jun 10 16:52:04 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am having problems compiling Icecast 2 on a Cobalt server (Red Hat 6.2).
I have installed the required libxml, ogg and vorbis libraries and also
changed config.c and stat.c to read libxml instead of gnome-xml as
descibed in the post from  Geoff Shang.

./autogen.sh works fine but I get the following errors after make...

config.o: In function `config_parse_file':
config.o(.text+0x122): undefined reference to `xmlDocGetRootElement'
config.o: In function `_parse_root':
config.o(.text+0x313): undefined reference to `xmlIsBlankNode'
config.o: In function `_parse_limits':
config.o(.text+0x565): undefined reference to `xmlIsBlankNode'
config.o: In function `_parse_directory':
config.o(.text+0x6f7): undefined reference to `xmlIsBlankNode'
config.o: In function `_parse_paths':
config.o(.text+0x7a2): undefined reference to `xmlIsBlankNode'
config.o: In function `_parse_logging':
config.o(.text+0x853): undefined reference to `xmlIsBlankNode'
config.o(.text+0x932): more undefined references to `xmlIsBlankNode' follow
stats.o: In function `stats_sendxml':
stats.o(.text+0x9eb): undefined reference to `xmlDocSetRootElement'
/usr/lib/libxml.so: undefined reference to `gzopen'
/usr/lib/libxml.so: undefined reference to `gzread'
/usr/lib/libxml.so: undefined reference to `gzclose'
/usr/lib/libxml.so: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What do I have to do to get this to compile?

Regards,
Simon B.