[icecast] new maintainers

William Goldsmith wildbill at kpig.com
Fri Jun 8 17:58:57 UTC 2001

> > I'm just making ices be able to reencode its playlist at multiple
> > bitrates at the same time, so you can broadcast the same stream for
> > broadband and POTS users.
> >
> > I've already got this working (and I've been listening to it for about
> > an hour and a half so far), but I'm not going to commit it until I've
> > inspected what my fingers have managed to code up.
>
> I hope you come up with a better configuration inteface than liveice
> uses for this... nobody ever understood it

Hmmm... I always thought that the liveice config file format for
'multistreaming' was pretty nifty. I liked the way secondary streams
automatically inherited all shared variables from the parent stream - all
you had to define were the ones that were different. Can't think of a less
cumbersome way of doing it.

---
Bill Goldsmith
www.radioparadise.com