[icecast] Adventures with icecast2

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Wed Jun 6 14:36:41 UTC 2001

> OK, this is one of those "why doesn't it work" type questions.  I'm
> basically stumped.

This type of feedback is good, and will help get rid of potential
problems.

> hmmm. It just occured to me that perhaps it's linking in the wrong version
> of libshout.  I'm no C programmer so I don't know how to tell.  My
> makefile looks like this:

A quick way to tell is add some printf() to one of the libshout calls in
./src.  Recompile.  Run.  Does it print? If not, it's finding some other
version of libshout.  Delete the libshout.so file from /usr/lib and
recompile.  It should work now.  Or if you have redhat, rpm -e
libshout-devel might work.

> Assuming that's all correct, the only thing I can think of is that either
> my config and example.c do not agree, and/or one contains some sort of
> syntax error.  I include both below.

Try the above and let me know.

jack.