[icecast] different play lists on different ports?

arr at gweep.net arr at gweep.net
Fri Jun 1 16:06:45 UTC 2001

> I'm running icecast 3.1.10 (from the ports collection) on a freebsd 4.3

jack> First of all, I hope you meant 1.3.10. If there's an icecast 3.1.10
jack> floating around, there are bigger problems.

Yes, pardon, finger dyslexia.

jack> 1.3.10 definately works with multiple mounts (what you called instances)
jack> without problems.

No, what I meant by instances was multiple non-forked instances of the
executable in the process table, ie icecast run multiple times with different
port options.  I see from your answer below that this is no longer possible.

jack> You likely are using the wrong option to iceplay (god knows why you are
jack> using that really outdated and inadequate tool).

Because the version I'm using is neither outdated nor inadequate.  It's been
improved by other people and it works great.  The version I'm using has mysql
as a back end for keeping album and playlist information (and everything is
handled via a web interface for creating, editing, and choosing playlists,
requesting songs, etc, but that's not part of iceplay, that's just the stuff
that wraps around it.  Very similar to dj lizard).

jack> We do everything on one port, but you can specify multiple ports. Each
jack> port is the saem as the others.  However, requestings different
jack> mountpoints on the any port should get you the different streams.

I'll see what I can do with that mount points instead of using different
ports.  Thanks for the info.