[icecast] Sacrilege, but...

Mike Prudence mjp at filmsat59.com
Wed Jul 25 08:47:55 UTC 2001

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your quick reply!

>you can get the not-open-source version free from shoutcast.com.

I'll purloin that today and see if it makes any difference.....

>  Your
>symptoms imply that you may be trying to stream high-bitrate MP3s?
>(that would be 160kbit+).

Bzzzzt - nope, sorry, a 128Kbps stream.  Another experiement for today is
to go down to say 24Kbps and see if that helps any...

>  For starters, try setting sleep_ratio to 0
>in icecast.conf. Although it burns more CPU it may save you some
>grief.

Done that, made no difference I'm afraid.  Took me a long while trawling
through the mailing list archives to find that one - the search option from
the mailing list archive page doesn't seem to work at all, even when you
search for something that you know is in there!!

>  Alternatively you could try checking out icecast from CVS,
>although I wouldn't recommend using the web interface to do it :)

Harumph.  So how do you do it without involving the combined forces of Nato
and spending a decade learning how to fight with WinCVS or whatever ????

Thanks again for the help ;-)

Cheers,

Mike

Films at 59 Ltd, Bristol.         http://www.filmsat59.com