[icecast] Sacrilege, but...

Asif M. Baloch asif_mas at hilinks.com
Wed Jul 25 06:38:47 UTC 2001

Well,

I consider icecast as a testing application server. You just cant deploy it
all of a sudden becuse it needs a lot of work still and the UI needs to be
friendlier. Lets wait till the top programmers come up with a central
solution which i am sure that they will. I myself have been using SHOUTcast
and its ok. User count reached at 460 a time ago but with icecast, i dont
think that it can at every user end. This depends on a lot of things but
primarily the platform and bandwidth. Though the console is preety tough to
understand but it is preety ok for testing [im talking Win32 here]. If you
need to experiment with it , great but dont be upset if you dont go
anywhere.

Regards,

Asif M. Baloch
Portal Manager Hilinks.com
Product Manager BaliNet
Product Manager e-Fax
e-Tech Group of Companies
Karachi, Pakistan.
Tel: 111-88-99-88
$ To understand the program, you have to become both the machine and the
program $