[icecast] Sacrilege, but...

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Tue Jul 24 23:01:55 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 24 July 2001 at 23:51, Mike Prudence wrote:
> I've reached the end of my very, very long tether, and not being an
> afficionado of the online mp3 streaming scene, I'd just like to know:-
>
> - icecast is the open source equivalent of something.
> - can I pay some money and get the non-open source version of that
> something that will run on my Linux box and work ??

you can get the not-open-source version free from shoutcast.com. Your
symptoms imply that you may be trying to stream high-bitrate MP3s?
(that would be 160kbit+). For starters, try setting sleep_ratio to 0
in icecast.conf. Although it burns more CPU it may save you some
grief. Alternatively you could try checking out icecast from CVS,
although I wouldn't recommend using the web interface to do it :)

-Brendan