[icecast] I declare ices stable

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.com
Fri Jul 20 10:43:12 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 11:27:16AM +0500, Asif M. Baloch wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> ICE cast resembles shoutcast, thats for sure and its good that its open
> source. But, it has too many probs. I ran it on a dual p3 800 with a T3 comm

We are running icecast on linux 2.2.19 serving more than 600gb each
months and it has been rock stable so fare. Right now our uptime is
around 3 months.

> link but it jsut starts actibg weird when the users reach 12. Also, the
> system just blows up. All the CPU is consumed. The platform is FreeBSD 4.1.
> Any ideas how to solve it?

I think there where some FreeBSD specfic problems on this list some
time ago? Please check list archive and upgrade your icecast version
from cvs supposed to get out as 1.3.11. If problems persist contact
Jack or Brendan.

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk
thomas at arkena.com
http://www.arkena.com

It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what
they seem.  For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed
that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so
much -- the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- whilst all the dolphins
had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.  But
conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more
intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons.

Curiously enough, the dolphins had long known of the impending
destruction of the of the planet Earth and had made many attempts to
alert mankind to the danger; but most of their communications were
misinterpreted ...
		-- Douglas Admas "The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy"