[icecast] Problem with ices on OpenBSD 2.9 w/ Icecast 1.3.10

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Tue Jul 10 16:30:02 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 10 July 2001 at 16:50, Nick Ludlam wrote:
> From: "Brendan Cully" <brendan at icecast.org>
> > Sorry Nick, I lost your last mail. One last thing, did you make clean
> > && make? The dependencies are not generated properly for ices, so even
> > if libshout got rebuilt it might not have been relinked.
>
> There's no other libshout on the system. Have rebuilt from scratch and it still
> exhibits the timing problems.

To confirm that this is the problem, stream a track from ices. ices
should take the same amount of time to stream that track as the track
is long. When it isn't sleeping properly, it finishes sending the
track to icecast much earlier.

If ices takes two minutes to send a two-minute mp3, you are having a
different problem.

-Brendan