[icecast] Problem with ices on OpenBSD 2.9 w/ Icecast 1.3.10

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Tue Jul 10 00:59:40 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 10 July 2001 at 01:26, Nick Ludlam wrote:
> Not got to the bottom of it yet, but commenting out both LOG_INFO
> lines in thread/thread.c stops it segfaulting. Now I'm back to the old problem
> of a 128k stream not being sent fast enough to the clients.

you should just be able to increase STACKSIZE in thread/thread.c from
8192 to 65536. The default stack size is too small, but linux/glibc
always seem to give you much more than you ask for so it doesn't get
noticed. This will be in 0.2.1 to be released shortly.

That handles the segfault, I don't know why the stream wouldn't be
sent fast enough though...

Of course ices hasn't had a proper security audit. Please check with
Theo de Raadt before running it. :)

-Brendan