MTU was: Re: [icecast] my icecast problem

Kelly Lee Myers k_myers at kyxpyx.com
Wed Feb 28 19:56:48 UTC 2001

No, I wanted to actually make sure that every packet going out is Ethernet
frame sized or less at all times. Not bigger. Bigger at the router level
will in most cases get you dropped and not actually frag. Of course that
depends entirely the router configuration. The question again was, does
icecast actually pre-frag data chunks into these sizes before handing it to
the stack? and can you control it? The KasterBlaster server does this before
hand and I wanted to know if this was possible with icecast or if it just
tosses the data to the tcp/ip stack wanting it to do the work.

Thanks for the reply.

Lithium