[icecast] directory servers and stuttering

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sun Feb 25 20:19:03 UTC 2001

> Initial tests with v1.3.8beta2 seem to solve the problem.  To test,
> I've added two bogus directory servers to the configuration which it
> cannot possibly connect to and when it goes to touch, there doesn't
> seem to be any stuttering.

Do your two bogus servers cause stuttering under 1.3.7?  There's a big
difference in the errors you can get from trying to make a connection,
no route to host, connection refused, just really slow, blah blah.

You're looking for test cases where the connect time would be REALLY
slow. or at least he time to determine there was nothing to connect to.
most running machines will just refuse connections immediately, so many
the bogus servers are a good test. :)

jack.