[icecast] Problems building icecast2

Àngels Flores aflores at laviniatv.com
Wed Dec 19 08:03:10 UTC 2001

Hello!

Thanks for the help in my last post. I checkout icecast and libshout
from CVS and now I have some problems building icecast.
I read the HACKME file and I follow the instructions but when run
"autogen.sh" it returns a serial of errors concerning to
"libtoolize". I suppose this library is missing, but I can't locate
it. Anyone knows where can I find it? I don't have it on my system
and I can't found it in CVS.

Another question is about the other modules like "thread" and "net"
that are needed for the build. In the HACKME instructions says that I
have to checkout these modules at ./src directory, but libshout and
another programs will need it, I'm right? I should to checkout at an
upper directory? And I suppose I have to compile them?

Sorry, I know these questions are very, very basics but I'm a very,
very beginner :-)

I paste the errors (if helps):

  aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
library
  libtoolize --automake
./autogen.sh: libtoolize: command not found
  automake --add-missing
configure.in: 8: installing `./ltconfig'; cannot run `libtoolize': No
existe el
fichero o el directorio
configure.in: 8: installing `./ltmain.sh'; cannot run `libtoolize':
No existe el
 fichero o el directorio
configure.in: 8: installing `./config.guess'; cannot run
`libtoolize': No existe
 el fichero o el directorio
configure.in: 8: installing `./config.sub'; cannot run `libtoolize':
No existe e
l fichero o el directorio
automake: configure.in: installing `./config.guess'; cannot run
`libtoolize': No
 existe el fichero o el directorio
automake: configure.in: installing `./config.sub'; cannot run
`libtoolize': No e
xiste el fichero o el directorio
  autoconf
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(icecast,2.0)'
./configure: ./configure: line 527: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(icecast,2.0)'