[icecast] how to modify ices source?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Aug 1 16:52:22 UTC 2001

> hello alexander...

This is not a helpful answer to your question, but..

Alex hasn't been very active in the last year, so I've handed
maintainership of ices to Brendan Cully, who's doing a damn fine job.
I'm sure he can figure out a satisfactory solution for this problem.

I don't think that removing that while loop verbatim is safe.  There
probably needs to be a loop parameter which you can control.

Also, if otto is starting up and shutting down ices each time (which is
what it seems to be doing from your description), then it's broken.
That is _not_ correct.

There are two scripting language interfaces, plus the playlist interface
for otto to use to select tracks, etc.  Shutting down ices between songs
is just wrong, and seeing that we've provided multiple ways to plug in
required functionality, it just seems weird that otto isn't using it.

jack.