[icecast] pull relay problems

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Apr 27 23:32:50 UTC 2001

> Warning: Encountered error while transfering
> /serve/ftp/mp3s/various_artists/Various_Artists-BLLLEEEEAAAUUURRRRGGHHH!-The_Record_7''/06-Nuclear_Roach-Pessimism-Fcs.mp3. [Libshout
> reported send error: Libshout socket error.]
> Libshout communication problem, trying to reconnect to server
> Failed reconnecting to server 127.0.0.1, error: 3
> Ices Exiting...

libshout got booted from icecast, or something like that.  generally
happens when libshout isn't sending data fast enough.  do you have
enough cpu to reencode two streams at the same time?

> My stream is also getting a lot of:
>
> bitstream problem: resyncing...
> big_values too large!

What clienti s this from?  If you're reencoding is not going fast
enough, you will skip, which will likely cause problems like this.
Otherwise, maybe this is just a buggy client?  Not enough info yet to
have a good answer.

> clients are dropped from the stream and the stream dies all together often
> as well and I think those above errors are what is causing this.

Well step one is to figure out what's wrong with ices.  that's probably
the only real problem, and the others are fallouts from this.

jack.