[icecast] pull relay problems

A.J. Lindner trev0r at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 27 22:36:31 UTC 2001

heya...

i'm extremely new to the list (10 minutes), and i have a burnin' question
that i was hopin' you folks could help me out with.

i'm running beos as an encoder box, with two streams (8000 and 8001)
hosted on it.

the idea is to use my redhat box to relay those streams to the public
using icecast, allowing the be machines cpu cycles to focus solely on
encoding.

anyway, i start up icecast, and set up two relay pulls from the bebox's
streams on ports 8000 and 8001.

now, i'm able to connect to icecast on both ports...but, it's playing the
stream from 8000 on both 8000 and 8001, even though i specified different
ports when i setup the relays.

does icecast not recognize multiple source ports on the same ip?

or...am i missing something extremely obvious here?

thanks in advance...

A.J. Lindner
Speakeasy Network
206.728.9770