[icecast] Icecast & Liveice b.s.

john plastic at m-net.arbornet.org
Wed Apr 18 01:14:37 UTC 2001

>Try Ices instead of liveice it's much more stable than Shout, and if
>you're not re-encoding it wont eat your cpu time. Otherwise you'll need to
>get an encoder, like lame.

Unbeknownst to the maintainers of lame, I am fiddling with lame3.70
on an Alpha Cabriolet. If, and when I get around to it, I will post my source
for the alpha architecture. I will have a go at ices then..  Do I fork
i.e.. Pipe
the command line with ices and my mpeg3 player, i.e., Mpg123? If so.
How. I haven't a slightest clue as to how to structure the command line
in question.

ja.