[icecast] yp.icecast.org || when does your stream come into the db?

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Thu Apr 12 20:36:15 UTC 2001

> When I try the URL above my system attempts to down
> load a 50 MB file. It isn't streaming. I have the same
> problem with my own system. What are we doing wrong?

It _is_ streaming, you just aren't accessing it right.

You can't just point your browser to a stream.  The browser will always
download the content, and then pass it off to the helper application.
If that content is a stream, it will just download forever.

You need to create some 'pointer' file, generally an m3u file, that
points to your stream.  The browser downloads the m3u, passes it to your
client, and that starts streaming the real data.

jack.