[icecast] ices

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Apr 6 02:45:53 UTC 2001

> > I only started this so my ex-girlfriend on the other side of the world
> > could hear a song (downloading mp3's was not possible for complex
> > reasons but streaming audio was)
> >
> > but goddammit i'm going to make this thing work if it kills me.
>
> Obviously mission critical. :-\
>
> Why not make the binaries on another box, zip up the "made" stuff, and
> just do a make install?
>
> The DMCA sucks.

Not sure what the DMCA has to do with anything being discussed here..

But, if she can stream but not download (which I don't quite
understand), then wouldn't it be easier to throw those mp3 files in a
directory under apache or even under icecast (the static_file dir) and
just stream them that way?

jack.