[icecast] Problem streaming to shoutcast w/ liveice

William Goldsmith wildbill at kpig.com
Thu Apr 5 14:58:37 UTC 2001

When you're streaming to a Shoutcast server w/ liveice (or any icecast
source tools),  the port in liveice.cfg  needs to be set to one port higher
than the Shoutcast server base port. Shoutcast uses the base port for
metadata & port+1 for the stream data.

If you exit liveice with ctrl-c (rather than the command it specifies) it
usually won't screw up your session settings.

Hope this helps
bg

---
Bill Goldsmith
www.kpig.com
www.radioparadise.com

> Maybe this is the wrong place to post, but...
>
> When trying to start up liveice to a shoutcast server I'm getting the
following
> error, and then it dies and screws up the terminal emulation for my
session.
> Anyone seen this before?
>

> LiveIce Streaming Mpeg Audio Generator
> Input Mode: Direct Soundcard [/dev/dsp]
> Input Format: 16 Bit, 44100 Hz Stereo
> Output Format: 96000 Bps Mpeg Audio
> IceCast Server: kuci.org:889
> Icy-Name: KUCI 88.9FM in Irvine HQ Stream
> Icy-Genre: all
> Icy-Url: http://www.kuci.org
> Input-Level:
> Frame          |  CPU time/estim | REAL time/estim | play/CPU |    ETA
> 0/2      ( 0%)|    0:00/    0:00|    0:00/    0:00|   0.0000x|    0:00
alarm timeout signal

'icecast-request at xiph.org'