[icecast] limiting sources

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Tue Apr 3 23:56:38 UTC 2001

Hello list,
I'm setting up icecast version 1.3.10 to act as the server for an
internet radio station. We have many dj's who do shows in sequence. We
were using live365, and one person would know his show could start by
connecting to the server a few minutes early. The server would refuse
connection untill the current stream dropped, then the current person
would connect and begin the show. I've set max_sources to 1
in icecast.conf, but apparently more than one source is able to connect
at a time.

Does anyone know of a way to make the server behave as I've described?

Much thanks,
Chris