[icecast] someone wake me up...

Rich Burroughs rich at indiepopradio.com
Sun Apr 1 23:05:23 UTC 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Mark Lehrer wrote:

> Three, isn't there already a way to view metadata, through some kind
> of out-of-band connection?  Freeamp always shows the title when it
> connects to the stream source (though this doesn't work if you're
> using an alias).

Yeah, that's the method that uses UDP to send the data. It will work
depending on what source program you use (it works with IceS, IIRR). In my
time playing with Icecast the biggest issue for me was finding a source
program that was stable and suppotred the features I was looking for. You
may want to try several and see what you like the best.

Rich