[Icecast-dev] Improvement Request

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Aug 31 13:04:09 UTC 2021

Good morning,

On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 09:41 -0300, Tobias Tromm wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I start using Icequest on Windows and I want to share two things that
> you guys dev could do to make my life easy.
>
> 1 - When <ssl>1</ssl> is set, can you please make sure that M3U, XSPF
> and VCLT files include httpS on the stream url? The M3U generated
> won't open for most player, such Windows Media Player if it does not
> include httpS.

Already done in 2.5.x :)

> 2 - Can you please add two certificate line input instead of one?
>
> Like this?
>
> cert = chain.pem
> key = key.pem

Same here, already done in 2.5.x. :)

In <security> use something like:

<tls-context>
    <tls-certificate>/bla/cert.pem</tls-certificate>
    <tls-key>/bla/key.pem</tls-key>
</tls-context>

> Also, two questions:
>
> - Any chance we have a option to conect more than one source to the
> same stream? Something like <maxSources>1</maxSources >

This hardly makes sense. What should Icecast do here? Icecast does
*not* process signals. So it can not do any mixing.

> - Any chance to implement some option where I can get numbers of
> listeners from specific stream and show on another website?

There are several options here. It depends a bit on your needs and
version. Generally everything you see in admin interface is accessible
via API. (Just remove the .xsl from the path.) Actually the admin
interface is build ontop of the API. So it could not list anything that
is not in the API even if it wanted to. :)

Hope that points you into the general direction.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015