[Icecast-dev] Unknown Icecast fails

Roger Hågensen rh_icecast at skuldwyrm.no
Sat Sep 7 14:34:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-09-07 09:34, Thomas B. Rücker wrote:
> On 9/7/19 5:04 AM, Lev Zhbakov wrote:
>> I have node.js script, which works in daemon mode. The script reads IceCast ogg stream itself (on the fly) and sends audio tags to website.

That will "eat" a listener slot and you are wasting bandwidth, you'll
also be paying royalties for a "listener" tuned 24/7 (you are paying
royalties for the music right?)

If the streaming server is Icecast follow Thomas' advice below, if not
and/or it is Centovacast or Everestcast there are APIs (JSON based) that
return metadata info from the stream (and from the autodj if any).
Just look at the widgets available and how they do it ten piggyback on
that API, be aware that larger updates could break the API though (it
shouldn't but you never know).

> You can query /status-json.xsl directly from within a web page.

It doesn't provide year and album name and artwork though does it?

> My recommendation remains to just use the JSON API and forget nodejs.
> You will probably still have to address your DNS reliability.

Or if in control of the source then pack up the metadata (on the source
machine) into a nice JSON and send that to the webserver (where a PHP
script take the JSON data and present it on the webpage).

--
Unless specified otherwise, anything I write publicly is considered
Public Domain (CC0). My opinions are my own unless specified otherwise.