[Icecast-dev] Unknown IceCast fails

Lev Zhbakov fortescue at mail.ru
Sat Sep 7 05:04:48 UTC 2019

I have node.js script, which works in daemon mode. The script reads IceCast ogg stream itself (on the fly) and sends audio tags to website. But sometimes (exactly once per 2 days) the script fails end exit. Error log of the script says:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND stream_url stream_url:8182
    at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:56:26)
Emitted 'error' event at:
    at Socket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:392:9)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:91:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:59:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
events.js:174
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error’ event

Where “ stream_url” is the real ogg stream url.

Also I have noticed, that if change stream_url on some another working ogg stream (not mine, just found via Google), no error occurs anymore. IceCast error log says nothing about it, just INFO and few WARN about web (favicon).

It seems IceCast crashes or disables domain or port somehow, or maybe not itself, but causes that effect.

What is the problem can it be? Where to go? Can you help?