[Icecast-dev] MetaData Update for FLAC and OPUS

Bernd Niedergesäß bn at radio42.com
Tue Aug 20 18:31:02 UTC 2019

Hi Roger,

thanks for your opinion!
I agree with all you said. It confirms, that most user still use the admin interface.
Note, that this (still) works for OGG, but doesn’t for FLAC and Opus.

My opinion is, that ICEcast OR the reference encoders should offer a user friendly and simple way to do meta data updates for continuous broadcasts (single streams) like offered by radios.
The use of extra funky tools is against any typical use and adds to much limitations.

And I already contacted the FLAC dev mail list - but got ZERO response so far.

Regards
Bernd