[Icecast-dev] Server Side Spot Replacement?

Rune Hafskjær Rune.Hafskjaer at P4.no
Tue Apr 11 13:03:18 UTC 2017

Thank you Phillip, my first time here.

What I want to achieve is to replace ads in a live ad break on live streamed radio with personal spots for each listener. I want to recognize the start of the break, split listeners into separate streamed spots and then back again to the live stream when the spots has been played.

The main goal is to offer programmatic data driven ads on streamed radio and bring radio into the modern advertising world.

There are a number of companies that offers this in various cloud solutions in connection with Icecast servers, but there are pros and cons with the offerings and I want to understand how it's done and consider build it myself.

Best regards,
Rune

-----Original Message-----
From: Icecast-dev [mailto:icecast-dev-bounces at xiph.org] On Behalf Of Philipp Schafft
Sent: 11. april 2017 14:48
To: Rune Hafskjær
Cc: icecast-dev at xiph.org
Subject: Re: [Icecast-dev] Server Side Spot Replacement?

Good afternoon,

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 11:06 +0000, Rune Hafskjær wrote:
> Hi guys,

> Can anyone share some (deep technical) light on how «Server Side Spot
> Replacement” on live radio streaming with Icecast can be done?

I think it would be helpful if you could give some more context. Maybe by explaining your goal in a non-technical way (that often helps).

Have a nice day,

with best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015