[Icecast-dev] icecast relay server performance testing

Popov, Zahar zahar.popov1978 at yandex.com
Fri Jun 10 11:00:15 UTC 2016

Hi Philipp
Thank you for chiming in.

The only reason i use the -kh fork is because it seemed to be more recent. I had this performance issue with the regular version and tried the fork.

I realize that the problem can be with the TCP stack parameters. I had no problem getting about 800Mbps between these machines when using iperf. Certainly, the workload completely different, but at least i know that the TCP stack is somewhat operational.

Do you happen to know specifically what’s broken?

I don’t have access to a physical data center this is why i would like to use either EC2 or Azure.

thanks!
—zahar