[Icecast-dev] Proxy

Yaniv Sharon yaniv.sharon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:23:16 UTC 2016

Well, it's not good news...

All started because now I have machine with icecast service on port 80,
And I want to serve also HLS files on the same port 80.

So my thought was to operate icecast on port 8000 (and the studio sources broadcasting to there directly)
And Nginx will proxy the icecast on port 80 for the listeners.

What gave me the confidence to thought about it, was the fact that I understand that "Centova" itself using Nginx proxy...
Now after I understand from you guys that icecast will not love to work with proxy,
What I can actually do to perform the solution that I want?