[Icecast-dev] Proxy

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:00:25 UTC 2016

On 27 Jul 2016, at 20:50, Yaniv Sharon wrote:

> Thank you all.
> […]
> And one more thing,
>
> the proxy passing the user agent of the listener and I can see that on
> the
> icecast dashboard,
>
> But I can't see the IP address.for several hours im trying with the
> nginx
> documentation but without ant success.

Icecast does not support being reverse proxied and things like playlists
and
displaying the clients correct IP address will not work.
Furthermore reverse proxying can lead to performance issues as most web
servers are not
primarily designed to be a streaming server like Icecast is.

Feel free to play around with it, but please keep in mind that things
might not work
as expected.