[Icecast-dev] Extending Icecast - Problem with Linker

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Fri Oct 30 10:44:17 PDT 2015

Good evening,

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 16:43 +0000, Glenn Cooper wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I am looking to extend on the Icecast engine with a couple of extra
> features and experiencing some issues.
>

> I decided that I should add a logging function that will help me debug
> the code at a later point by saving messages to a local MySQL
> database. I have successfully got this module working on my local
> machine (Centos 6 with Eclipse). I then copied the code over into the
> client.c module in the Icecast source files, and made sure all of the
> relevant includes were declared. When trying to compile Icecast with
> the additional logging functionality, using ./configure & make, I
> received the following errors:
>

> client.o: In function `logSingleMessage':
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:283: undefined reference to `mysql_init'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:297: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:305: undefined reference to `mysql_query'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:307: undefined reference to `mysql_error'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:308: undefined reference to `mysql_close'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:293: undefined reference to `mysql_error'
> /home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:312: undefined reference to `mysql_close'
>
> It’s obviously a linking problem with MySQL,

It is.

> but how do I go about correcting this? Do I need to make any updates
> in the configure file?

I think you need to update configure.in.

Do you patch against 2.4.x or trunk (2.5.x)?
With 2.5.x you most likely want to provide an event handler. See e.g.
src/event_log.c as example (it just logs the event so it's close to what
you want I think).

Also please feel free to send me your updates if you like to get some
comments. :)

Have a nice day!

--
Philipp.