[Icecast-dev] Extending Icecast - Problem with Linker

Luca Cireddu sardylan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:53:06 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Luca Cireddu" <sardylan at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 30, 2015 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Icecast-dev] Extending Icecast - Problem with Linker
To: "Glenn Cooper" <glenn at mychoons.com>

Hi Glenn,
you have to add some MySQL references to Autotools build system... I had
the same issue wen I was working on my stat project
Take a look to https://github.com/sardylan/icecast-mysql
Hi folks,

I am looking to extend on the Icecast engine with a couple of extra
features and experiencing some issues.

I decided that I should add a logging function that will help me debug the
code at a later point by saving messages to a local MySQL database. I have
successfully got this module working on my local machine (Centos 6 with
Eclipse). I then copied the code over into the client.c module in the
Icecast source files, and made sure all of the relevant includes were
declared. When trying to compile Icecast with the additional logging
functionality, using ./configure & make, I received the following errors:

client.o: In function
`logSingleMessage':/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:283: undefined
reference to `mysql_init'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:297:
undefined reference to
`mysql_real_connect'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:305: undefined
reference to `mysql_query'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:307:
undefined reference to
`mysql_error'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:308: undefined reference
to `mysql_close'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:293: undefined
reference to `mysql_error'/home/hearme/radio/src/client.c:312:
undefined reference to `mysql_close'

It’s obviously a linking problem with MySQL, but how do I go about
correcting this? Do I need to make any updates in the configure file?

Kind Regards

Glenn Cooper