[Icecast-dev] OggFLAC metadata support

Eduardo Martinez erm13martinez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:53:39 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm currently using Liquidsoap to stream a group of files to Icecast.
The stream is sent to Icecast in a few different formats (MP3,HE-AAC
v2,OggFlac,OggOpus).

The "Current Song" metadata is correctly displayed for the MP3 and the AAC
stream, but not the OggFLAC or OggOpus stream.

I see a few entries in the Icecast forums, but it does look like FLAC
metadata support never made it into a an official feature request.

The lack of metadata happens for both Icecast 2.3.3.kh-11 as well as
Icecast 2.4.0

# Icecast 2.4.0
http://radio.thecracken.net/test
http://radio.thecracken.net/test.flac